Last night I sat down to read the blog of another family who is traveling to pick-up their new son. It is a neat story of God's direction and provision in their journey, and in one of the journal entries, the writer mentions having spoken with a friend who was considering adoption and how she shared a passage from Hebrews. Now before I print that scripture, I need to explain that when we made the decision to adopt a third little daughter from China, we felt confident that God was directing us in this area. Then the worries began to set in (not so much for Bob, but definitely for me). I like my ducks in a row, so to speak, and I have liked the fact that I have managed to save back a little money here and there. (Do you notice all the I's in that last sentence!) We had several financial setbacks from a couple unexpected expenditures, and my once very secure job became not very secure at all. In fact, during the summer months, it has all but disappeared. I have spent quite a few nights lying awake and wondering how this was all going to play out and whether we really were doing the right thing. With Ruthie and Abby's adoptions, God gave me a special verse for each one of them, and it was the source of much peace and comfort both times. I had forgotten this until last night, and when these verses appeared, it brought me to tears.
"But my righteous one will live by faith, and if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him. But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved." - Hebrews 10:38, 39
This was as clear to me as if God had spoken in an audible voice. We are to trust and go forward just like the Israelites when they crossed the Jordan River. The waters did not part until they took their first steps, and we are to do the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Linda,
I'm so glad you found the reassurance and encouragment you needed. I pray that your faith will increase, especially when days are rough. God IS faithful, and he will provide for ALL of your needs!
I'll dedicate some applesauce to you tomorrow *ha*
(And of course you can share the invisible women story!)
Barb
Hi Linda,
Tell Bob to look for us in Guangzhou, we will look for him as well. We should be easy to find. By the time we get to Guangzhou it will be myself, my 15 year old, 12 year old and Hope Hai Ting.
I have been the left-behind parent before too. I remember how hard it was. I hope the time flies by for you! Happy early birthday!
Linda -you have been tagged. Your task, should you decide to accept it, is revealed on my blog. :)
Linda,
this is wonderful inspiration. And in fact there is a famous quote from Sir Edmund Hillary, the first to ascend Mt. Everest, to the effect that once a true commitment is made, then the universe conspires to help you reach your goal. It was not until I accepted my referral that I found the perfect Chinese-English school and all kinds of people stepped forward to help! So--stay on your path, as you are meant to do!
--Susan M in New Jersey
Post a Comment