Monday, September 24, 2007

Our Trip to Sam & Kenzie's Wedding

Three silly girls! Nathan, Bob, & Sam

Bob & I with five of our kids
The new couple (with the old couple)!

We're back from the wedding, exhausted, and glad to be headed into slower times... (I'm hoping that that's possible!) Joanna did great with the traveling and seemed to have a fun time during the non-travel times. She had only two meltdowns on trip, and both of them centered around being overly tired. Even at that, she let me hold her and comfort her. She really did want a mom, and I seem to be acceptable. She is more than willing to let me care for her, fix her hair, show her how to do things, etc. In that regard, I feel that she is doing great. The sad part is that she really doesn't know how to play. Ruthie and Abby didn't either, but there is a huge difference when you're talking about an 8-1/2 year old not knowing how as compared to a 2-1/2 year old. She is very bright and picks up learning quickly. She is already singing the A-B-C song as taught by Ruthie. Unfortunately, Ruthie makes it through H correctly, and then it goes a little wacky. I'm going to have to spend some time teaching both of them the right way - lol!

Sam and Kenzie's wedding was really very nice. The girls loved the bride dress and the cake and everything fancy that went with it. Ruthie thinks Kenzie is soooo nice, but she doesn't understand or even believe that Kenzie is now her sister-in-law. Lots of explaining, but so far it hasn't taken! Sam will be leaving for Korea on October 8th, and it's hard to say when we will see him after that. He will be stationed in Korea for two years, although they are now deploying to Iraq from the Korean bases. We'll wait and see. I can only post five pictures at a time, but I'll try to get up as many as possible in the next day or two.

3 comments:

Mike and Barb said...

Hi Linda and family!
I'm glad you made it back.
Beautiful pictures. Of course all the girls are adorable, but boy your sons are handsome!!
I'm happy to hear that Joanna is accepting you, and I wish you a good transition time.
I'm sure her sisters will teach her how to play in no time :-))
A great website for letters and reading is starfall.com - Nina just discovered how fun it is, too!
Love, Barb

Unknown said...

Congrats! Everyone looks wonderful. I know what you mean about having the youngers teach your new family member. Max(our 5 year old) tries the same thing with Hope Hai Ting. Luckily, at age 12, she knows to look to an older sibling or parent to make sure she is getting the correct info. I guess after Max tried to lead her into the Men's room (the little stinker) she has figured out he is not too reliable.

Anonymous said...

facilitators plane plates antioxidant decay navigational aproviders dirty butterworth hmmyou calculator
lolikneri havaqatsu