Wow, oh wow! You wait and wait for that magical TA to arrive, and then suddenly you wonder how you are going to squeeze everything in before you travel. Not that I am complaining or anything, but Bob and I have been a little loopy the last few days. Just getting the tickets approved and purchased was quite an undertaking. We are using his brother's frequent flyer miles for the round trip travel from Colorado to LA-X, and we are very grateful for them. Unfortunately, with the new frequent flyer mile rules, we could not use them for Joanna's USA flight on the way from LA-X to Denver. (Long story, but the short version is it just won't work!) As you can see, I have posted a new picture of some of the kids from the SWI. Susan from New Jersey recently adopted the little girl in the pink dress holding the bags. This is the group of children who came to say good-bye. Most of them are very solemn looking, and Susan said she felt as if she was kidnapping their friend. If you don't recognize her, Joanna is the second little girl from the right in the second row (behind the little girl in the black and white). Susan had told her that we were coming in late October, so she will be surprised (hopefully pleased) when she learns otherwise. I have her little bag packed and am in the process of filling out the last of the papers for her visa. THEN I start making my lists so that I don't send Bob without all the things we need. (I live in fear that I am going to forget to pick up my money at the bank - they're working on collecting the new or newer $100.00 bills right now!) Changsha - here we come!!!




3 comments:
I got by with crisp 20s and 50s. However one had a slight tear and sure enough, the Civil Affairs Bureau wouldn't accept it. So check all bills!! I estimated $60 a day for food and gifts and it worked out almost exactly (breakfast buffet was free at the hotel).
What a sweet but sad little picture. I know getting the tickets purchased is a major accomplishment! Whew!
Blessings,
Laine
I just can't wait until Joanna is home with you! Soon she doesn't have to leave anyone behind anymore, and she will finally belong!
She is sooo beautiful!
Barb
Post a Comment