Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Bedroom is Finished - It Must Be Time to Get Her !




The bedroom is finally done, and just in the nick of time! I've had all spring and summer to finish things off, and of course, it is now the day before Bob leaves. I have to confess that he did his part early on, but I messed around with the quilt all summer. I would love to say that I actually "quilted" it, but it is just done by machine, and it still took forever! I am really pleased with the girls' room even though many of you are much better at decorating than I am. I think the wall color is so warm and inviting, and Ruthie and Abby are just thrilled. Bob is going to take copies of these pictures to Joanna, and hopefully she too will be pleased.


The other picture is of Ruthie and Abby in their turtle sandbox with crowns, of course! They have spent many hours of fun in that box (and we have spent many hours cleaning sand off the patio, the paving stones, the area around the box...)


I went to the bank yesterday to pick up our adoption cash only to find that the man who took my order last week had forgotten all about it. Keep in mind that I talked to him twice - once on the phone and once in person to explain how I needed new or virtually new $100.00 bills. When I talked to the ladies yesterday, they knew nothing about it and had to call this guy. "Oops!" he said, "forgot all about it." They scrambled and found some bills. When I got home, 26 were good, but 24 will have to be exchanged. Soooo.... here I go again. (At least these ladies are very nice!)


The last picture was taken at the Labor Day parade. This is NOT our house, so don't think we let the weeds take over. - lol! - We were just sitting along the parade route. Anyway, this picture is going to China for Joanna also. Maybe it will help her to feel more comfortable about all of us!
Just as a sidenote, the pictures did not go in the order I expected, so you'll just have to jump around!






2 comments:

Mike and Barb said...

It IS time to get her ;-))
Can't wait to see Bob with her! I'm sure you can't either - only 100000x more!
I think the girls will have so much fun together in their room - love all the books!
I'll be praying for all of you!
Barb

The Ferrill's said...

I love the room, too! It's so cute with the 3 little bulletin boards above the 3 little pillows! My 3 girls share a room, too. They love it!
Blessings and praying for safe journey for your husband!
Laine