Sunday, August 12, 2007

What a Week...AGHHH!!!

What a week this turned out to be! I lost track of the number of trips I made to my husband's office. With gas at such a high price, I'm sure I'll be very sober when I see this month's gas charges. In addition to the trip to get our LOA signed, I took the girls to Bible School on Wednesday afternoon and learned that our agency lost our power of attorney. I suspect they sent it with our original dossier documents to China, but they feel sure that we must have it. The long and short of the situation is that we had to write another one and get it notarized, state certified, and authenticated by the Chinese consulate - all to the tune of another $55.00. UGH! While I was in Bob's office working on this project, we got a call from the oral surgeon to tell us that Nathan's appointment for wisdom teeth removal had been moved up to the next day. So - one more trip to town and the fun of spending three hours in the waiting room trying to entertain the girls and then racing home to try to get my transcription work done by deadline!

We did have one highlight... A family friend invited us to bring over some of the leftover garage sale items to put in her mother's garage sale. We sold the refrigerator and a lot more kid clothes, which was really wonderful. Thank you Sabrina!!

This coming week is the last one before school starts, so I am hoping for a very quiet next few days. Probably not realistic, but it's a very nice fantasy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Linda,

Joanna is a real sweetheart! I hope everything works out with the timing of your son's wedding and travel plans. We are expecting to not travel until Sept.13 regardless of when our TA comes, but that is because we are coordinating several families. I hope for you that your TA comes lickety-split!