Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dreaming of Warm Weather & Vacation Ideas


Ahhh! Springtime in the Rockies! We wear shorts and flip-flops one day and mittens and boots the next. It's hard to complain since we have been listed in extreme fire danger, but from here-on-out, I'm putting my order in for rain! Joanna is finally adapting to our weather and doesn't complain about always being cold like last year. Of course, when I start feeling as if true warm weather will never get here, I remind myself of Barb, and I realize that the snow could indeed be deeper and the temperature colder!
We have only 8 more weeks of school, which is just incredible, and then comes summer vacation. I have hopes of taking the girls to visit my parents, and since I transcribe from home, I will take my laptop with me. That's one great advantage of working on-line, and I am truly thankful. In addition, we have talked about doing some inexpensive mini-vacations as a family. We did this years ago when our boys were younger, and they have always had good, good memories of those fun-filled days. We would pack a picnic lunch the night before, get up very early on a Saturday morning, and head for some place in our home state. Sometimes it was a sightseeing trip, and other times it was an amusement park. We were on a tight budget, so we came home Saturday night and slept in our own beds, but I never heard a complaint. Actually, they are some of our best memories!
Anyway, this is where I want some feedback from you (if after a month of not posting, there is anyone still reading this! :) Colorado is considered a vacation state, and I know that many of my eastern friends have mentioned that they would love to spend time here. I would love to hear what you would most like to do if you were placed in Colorado (or even southern Wyoming) for just ONE day. I will ask that you take camping off the list since Ruthie & Abby have special needs that would make it difficult (and probably not fun at all) to do this. Other than that, give me your best suggestion!

3 comments:

Mike and Barb said...

Linda, thank you very much for co-miserating with me about the weather *LOL* - yep, just had another storm, but now it's supposed to warm up a bit up here - Yeahhhh!
I have a great mini vacation idea.
Drive up north into Wyoming a "little ways", I heard that there is a really cool family who lives up there that would even put you up for FREE, so no need for returning home the same day!
Allright, I say no more now, and wait for your phone call annouoncing your arrival!
Memories guaranteed!
Barb

Sherri said...

Our cheap vacations usually involve camping.

You have only girls left at home, or I would suggest a baseball game. We often go to Atlanta for a day trip and take in a Braves game. On Sundays they have a family 4 pack (we need 2 packs!) that includes tickets, hot dogs, drinks, program, and parking for 40 dollars!

One thing my kids would love is a trip to a water park.

Anonymous said...

The North Pole (Santa's Workshop at the foot of Pikes Peak) is a fun trip. We had them stamp our hands so we could go out to the car and have a picnic lunch there and get back into the park, but they also have picnic areas inside. Pirate's Cove is a fun water park in Denver and especially good if your little ones don't swim well or at all. You can bring your snacks or picnic lunch in with you. It's right next to a park that has a mini train that's fun to ride and the park itself is quite nice.

Blessings!

Joyce
Monument, Colorado