Thursday, September 11, 2008

A New Marine!




Nathan is now a full-fledged United States marine! Why am I not surprised?! Nathan was always my `spunky monkey,' and having had older brothers, he grew up a little tougher than the average bear. Shortly after he left for boot camp, his grandmother told me that he was so gentle that she worried about him. I did a doubletake when I thought of Nathan labeled as gentle. Let's just say, it's not a word I would use to describe him!

Bob attended the graduation ceremonies in San Diego, and he and Nathan had an enjoyable time together. They both flew home, and at present, he is scheduled to return to California Monday afternoon. He will spend three more weeks in an advanced training program and will then fly to Florida for avionics training, which is a one year school program.

I have posted a few photos that Bob took during the graduation. We actually have a lot more pictures of some other graduating marine. Bob was just certain he had picked out the correct young man, but when we enlarged the pictures, he realized he had lots of pictures of some other mom's son! Actually, the pictures I wanted aren't uploaded, so I'll just put up these two. I have to admit that Nathan looks like a young boy playing dressup instead of being old enough to be a genuine marine - that hat is just too big. (I think I'm really glad that Nathan does not read my blog with that comment - lol!)

BTW, I have changed my ticker to the Christmas countdown. Once school starts, it seems like the holidays are just around the corner. Can you believe it?!!!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Oh, Linda. He is such a handsome man. I know your heart swells with pride and thankfulness that he turned out to be such a courageous young man.

Thank you to Nathan for being willing to stand up for us, for our country, for our freedom.

Sherri

Unknown said...

Wow, Linda -

Nathan looks so different in his uniform. How did our little boys grow up so fast??

I hope you all have had a wonderful time together. I can't wait to see more of the photos.

Congrats to Nathan! You will be a fine Marine!