Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Children Don't Waste Food


While I've got a few free minutes, I'll add my "Can your child top this" story of the week. Bob was outside painting the shed, and the garage door was open. Ruthie and Abby had been playing in the front yard, and after finishing some schoolwork, Joanna went outside to join them. It was only minutes before she came running into the house to tell me that both girls were brushing ants off of discarded pizza crusts and eating it. ugh!!! Much to my chagrin, neither one denied it. We live on a school route, and I tried to paint a very disgusting picture of how it got there and what may have happened to it, but I don't think I made much of an impression. Why do I even bother wiping the grocery cart handles with anti-bacterial cloths?!!

3 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

I'm cracking up that Joanna was the one who told on them! She was probably thinking...no way am I joining this feast!
Speaking of sweet Joanna, I love your post below, re-capping the year. So sweet. Again, I'm hanging on every word, trying to prepare myself. I take great comfort in knowing the Lord knows what lies ahead, and He will equip us just as He equipped you for older child adoption! GO GOD!!!

Mike and Barb said...

Those two are just a hoot!!!
Well, it's still better than scraping gum off the sidewalk.... haha... just a little perspective. Haven't found any goats yet :-0, but I'll keep looking....
Barb

Sherri said...

This is so funny! And so nasty!

At least Joanna knew better!

sherri