Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tardy Before We Ever Started!!

Fun time at the jump house at our church picnic. Picnic with our adoption agency. Joanna manned the fish puppet.
Caught in the act... Hannah Montana wannabes.


Well, we (I) blew it! I showed up promptly at 1:30 for preschool orientation, only to learn that orientation was on Monday, and school actually started yesterday. I am normally a very organized person, even to the point of being a little neurotic. I like my ducks in a row, and I'm normally pretty good at it. Not this time!




So - here's my story - Two of my girls will be attending the charter school, which is not starting until September 2nd. This is due to a late construction summer. I assumed all the schools were on this schedule, as there was construction at several other schools as well. In early August, I learned from a high school employee that they were starting in mid-August. I was taken aback and called the administration building who told me that Abby would be starting on the 18th. Okay - good enough. Then I learned that her school was starting on the 20th, but preschool didn't start until the next week. I went to the school's calendar on the internet, and it showed parent orientation on the 27th and a start date of Thursday the 28th. I made little notes and posted them in obvious places because, remember - I'm a type A personality, and I'm on top of things - lol. Unfortunately, I didn't check to see if the web calendar was for 2007-2008 or 2008-2009. Oops - my mistaken AND their mistake. So - in we waltz 1-1/2 hours late on the SECOND day of school. I hope this is no indication of the rest of the school year!




3 comments:

Mike and Barb said...

OH, NO!!!!
I just had a skip in my heartbeat, trying to remember Nina's orientation. But I THINK it's tomorrow night. Yep, Thursday. Wheww.
I'm sure a couple extra days at home didn't hurt sweet little Abby one bit. I'm so excited for her, and I can't wait to hear how things go for her!
Tell your family hi from us!
Love, Barb

Sherri said...

Hahahahahahaha! We're old! That can be our excuse! I love this story!

It's okay that you were late. No one ever does anything on the first day or two anyway.

Sherri

Unknown said...

Uh-oh! I have had a major mix-up like that with most of my kids. I figure you get one major oops per kid, maybe more when you have a large family. So, you got Abbey's out of the way early on.