
Barb sent me a very detailed explanation as to how to make a link, so we'll see if I can do it...
I wanted to show you a beautiful print that one of the adoptive families is selling to raise money to bring home a special little boy. I really don't know them at all, but I definitely understand their need to raise travel money, and I love the story behind the print of 'righteousness.' I'm going to copy a paragraph from their blog and would send you there if you are interested in making a purchase. (Look at her August 12th post.)
Righteousness.This is the Chinese character for the word "righteousness". It is actually a combination of two separate characters. I looked online to see if some eloquent preacher had a great way of explaining this and I found it here Basically, this guy is re-telling the story that Don Richardson shared in his book "Eternity in their Hearts". Here's an excerpt from the blog:He wrote about the difficulty missionaries had in communicating the good news of Jesus Christ to the Chinese people. But one day, there was a breakthrough. "He (the missionary) was studying a particular Chinese ideograph, the one which means "righteous." He noticed that it contained an upper and lower part. The upper part was simply the Chinese symbol for a Lamb. Directly under was simply a second symbol, the first person pronoun, I or me. "Suddenly, the missionary discerned an amazingly well-coded message hidden within the ideograph: "I under the lamb am righteous!""This startled the Chinese people. They never noticed it, but once the missionary pointed this out, they saw it clearly. They asked, "Which lamb must we be under to be righteous?"[The missionary] replied with John 1:29, which is a description of Jesus Christ by John the Baptist, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"" I under the Lamb of God am righteous. That is God’s solution to mankind’s sin problem.
Isn't that just amazing?
Isn't that just amazing?




3 comments:
Linda this is beautiful...I have never heard about the symbol for righteous or seen it before. What a hidden blessing. The Light of the World shining in darkness to bring understanding to these people...amazing!
Oh, and don't worry about showing up a day late for school! It will make a great story to tell as the girls get older...and I think you handled yourself beautifully!
Blessings to you!
Wow, this IS amazing!! That just confirms that the word of the Lord is everywhere, sometimes it's just hidden!
Love, Barb
(great job on the Link :-)) )
I saw a presentation online once about several Chinese characters that have their origins in the Bible. I love this explanation of righteousness.
I wish I could find it now.
But thanks for the post!
sherri
Post a Comment