Well, the last few days have felt a little better. Some things are slowing down a bit, and other things are just plain interesting...
Sam is now in Korea. He called Tuesday morning to let us know that he had arrived safe and sound, and he agreed that he is "no longer in Kansas, Dorothy!" We don't know which base he will be assigned to, but he should find that out in a day or two. Meanwhile, his car is parked along our street, and his dog is quite contentedly enjoying life with the rest of the gang, sleeping with Nathan nightly. (Doesn't get much better than that!)
Ruthie, our queen of the big words and lofty ideas, used her lego people to preach a little sermon today. She had some of them lined up, and the preacher was at the front. I quickly transcribed some of her sentences because they were just too much! Exact words: "The kingdom of God is with Jesus. He is your Saviour. It is about God. The community of God is about love." I couldn't help but wonder where she heard all of this. She doesn't appear to be listening in church, and words like "community"... where did that come from? Anyway, it was funny!
Now for Joanna... Yesterday, she came running into the bedroom with a dustpan. I looked to see what she had, and there was a very large earthworm/nightcrawler. She was so excited, and I'm not sure exactly what she wanted to do with it, but she kept motioning to her mouth. Surely not, but then again - she did love the spicy eels, and they were about this size. (In case you are wondering, this is one of more "interesting" parts of being a mom to kids from other cultures!!)
The three girls are currently up on the entry way tiles with tap shoes. These were handed down to us by some well-intentioned person. They are LOUDLY singing and WILDLY tap dancing. I sit downstairs trying to concentrate and get some transcription done. Is my life interesting or what?!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh, my, this cracks me up. Not sure which one more so, but I can just picture all of this. Sounds like Ruthie is listening in church after all, and of course I want to know if you fixed earth worm for dinner LOL???? Do you need ear plugs to drown out the tapping??
I'm still giggling....
Barb
Maybe Joanna wanted to go fishing and she was miming the fish part, lol!
Your son is in one of my favorite places! I hope his tour there is uneventful and full of wonderful discoveries.
Post a Comment