Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Not Much New on the Home Front...

I think I've had `writer's block' lately - can't think of anything to say and haven't taken any pictures lately. Actually, a lot of you must be in the same boat because nothing new has appeared on your blogs either. :) My transcription has come in huge doses lately, and that has left me both grateful and tired.

I would like to share two blogs with you that are currently very active and deserving of a lot of prayer. The first is an adoptive family who live in Durango, Colorado. About two weeks ago, their home burned to the ground with Mom and the kids escaping with the pajamas on their backs and just a few small items. They are a wonderful God-honoring family, but they are also grieving and know that the road to normal will be long and difficult.

The second family is another adoptive family who live in Oklahoma. They too love the Lord, and are living through the agony of their youngest daughter's rare form of leukemia. There is a link off to the left-hand side regarding little Abby. My Abby has taken on Abby Riggs as someone to pray for, and she has been very faithful in praying for her new "friend" often.

We have had some very cold weather lately, but I will probably not get much sympathy from most of you. I have seen the weather maps, and I think ALL of us are experiencing a rough season in various forms of snow, ice, and cold. Brrrrr!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yup, me too! Sorry, b/c I am planning to reply to your email, but somehow I am staying away from the computer for the most part. I have started using facebook more since Ian went to college and that has been a good way to keep up with some of my old and new friends. Are you on? I will have to email you how I am listed so you can start a facebook and find me :) Lots of my adoptive friend mommies are there as well. Check it out!

Oh, and as for snow - yes, we have it. Enough to shut down school for 4 days so far! Of course, we live in the southern most part of the state - almost in Kentucky. It doesn't take much to close schools here. I think we had 6 inches. Would that be a 2 hour delay for you?