Monday, October 20, 2008

Sarah was in Town (and I Missed Her)!

Okay - big SOB :( ! We got word on Friday that Sarah Palin would be in visiting our neck of the woods this Monday at noon. Actually she was scheduled to hold her rally about 10 miles from my home. Bob got me a ticket, and I got busy making all the necessary plans to get my big girls to school and to excuse Abby from preschool so she could go with me. Miss Abby and I got to the location in good time (or so we thought) and found a line that was snaking back and forth for miles. Even still, I wasn't too discouraged because we were right in the middle. People just kept coming and coming and coming. The line moved incredibly slow, however, and after 3 hours of waiting, we got word that the events center was packed, the overflow building with the big screen was nearing packed status, and Sarah Palin was already well into her speech. So disappointing! Abby was a real trooper and much better than the average five year old who has had to stand in a line for 3 hours with nothing to show for it! I think I'll swear off political rallies for a long time!!

PS - Joe Biden is coming to town tomorrow. I'll bet my bottom dollar that I would have very little trouble attending his rally if I were so inclined. (note - I have no intention of attending - that was simply an effort at a lame joke!)

7 comments:

Sherri said...

I'm so sorry you missed her!

I would have loved to see her. I want to take a picture of Hannah in her Sarah T-shirt that I bought her and post it for you.....somehow I just never take the time to take those photos.

sherri

Lisa said...

I hear ya Linda!! Loe did great during the 3 hour wait in line, but our little Ren was not so impressed! Major disappointment. 15,000 people and 4 metal detectors! DUH!!! I'm with you - I won't be rushing out to any more of these unless I know they are set up to handle the crowd better!

Mike and Barb said...

Mike told me about it!! He is in Denver this week, and he would have liked to attend, too :-)) Never tried, though, as he is there for work!
Brave Abby!!! Great job!
Barb

Unknown said...

Oh, what a bummer.

Unknown said...

Oops, pushed enter before I was finished. You both did better than I would have - standing in line for 3 hours!

Maybe you should have hung out at your local Wal-mart in the diapers section :)

Guess what? We have a McCain/Palin sign in our yard for a whole 3 days and then it was stolen. Can you say mad! What makes people think they are above the law, just b/c they don't support the same candidate as we do?

Corie said...

Always so nice to get your comments on my blog. Nice because I know you know! Thank you for your prayers and your compassion.

Teresa said...

Hi Linda ~

I'm sorry you missed Sarah ~ I would have loved to see her too:) Thanks for your comment on our blog ~ God was clear in asking us to start the adoption for Gabriella and we are answering His call ~ we couldn't be more excited!! My email is tlcwright3@yahoo.com if you would like to email me I'd love to chat:) Your family is beautiful!!!!