



Okay, Laine, your wish is my command. You got pictures of ALL the girls - even the furry ones! Those of you who live in the water will die laughing when I tell you that my girls happily tell people that we have a pool in our backyard. I think we probably will have to size it up a little bit, don't you? I have to explain Joanna's swimsuit - I grew up wearing one piece suits and planned for my girls to do the same. Unfortunately the makers of swimsuits do not do well with very skinny bottoms. I am not much of a shopper, but we went on a mission to find a decent suit for Joanna. Most of the lower halves just sagged and bagged. We finally found this one, and it comes with a little pair of boy leg shorts also. I do plan on having her wear them in public, but once again, I have to sew tucks in the back, and so far I have not gotten this done. I definitely understand what Sherri meant when she stated that she had to buy two swimsuits - one for the top and one for the bottom - for her skinny little girl. Ladies, maybe we should capitalize on this deficit in the market!
I received lots of leads on adjustable slim pants, and I appreciate it very much. I thought I had checked some of these same companies with no luck, but I am finding better success this time around. My biggest disappointment was Barb's suggestion of Gymboree. If I had just been a little sooner, I could have gotten some wonderful deals on their close-outs. As it is, sizes are very picked over, and the thin sizes are all gone. I will have to wait until fall (and then pay full price, I'm sure). I plan to jump on the Penny's lead - I didn't realize they even carried uniforms, and, the sale sounds great. Sherri, I thought your idea sounded cute with the capris and UGG boots until I stopped to remember that there is also a dress code on footwear, and boots can only be worn in the snow and then have to be removed in the classroom. When Nathan went to this school, he didn't seem to mind the uniforms and neither did I. With girls, however, it's just not very fun!




5 comments:
Oh and the pictures do not disappoint! Thank you Linda! ;)
I love your beautiful beautiful girls...even the furry BIG ones!
Hey, that kind of pool is the low maintenance kind...that's the best kind! I'm with ya on the bathing suit business venture! ;)
Oh my! That is going to be what Olivia looks like when she's older! Those skinny little legs!
I love your backyard pool! They don't have to wear floaties!
I'm sure the school will be worth the pain that finding the uniforms brings you.
Sherri
Linda,
Your family is beautiful. Thank you for your sweet and encouraging comments on my blog. It is certeinly helpful to listen to one who has felt this been before me and continues to be real about it. It is amazing to me how faithful God is to bring others around you who have walked this same path. Amazing just how blogs have done that. Good to see your family and where you are at four years out. Thank you again for taking the time to encourage.
I love the pool Linda! The pictures are great.
We just got back from a last minute camping trip. Let's get together soon. Maybe next week?
Blessings,
Sarah
Have I seriously not commented on this post yet??? Shame on me!!!
Of course your girls are so adorable, I love their matching dresses. Looks like they are READY for the 4th!!
LOVED Joanna's card!!! Gosh, this girl can draw and write!! Impressive!!
Love, Barb
Post a Comment