Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Okay, Folks, We're Making Progress!

The graduation announcements are in the mail! I can't tell you what a relief it is just knowing that they are on their way, and I can mark that job off the list. I also finished two weeks worth of ironing this afternoon, so I'm doing a victory dance at the moment. I've got my bedding plants ready to go next, and if the weather will just cooperate, they should be in the ground by Friday. I always plant flowers, but I try to do a little extra during the graduation years. When Sam graduated, one of the hardware stores had an unbelieveable sale of $.25 per 4 pack for a mother's day special. I bought 40 packs, and we had flowers everywhere. It was absolutely beautiful for about one month. Then our older dog died, and we bought Chloe, the very naughty puppy. Don't tell me that dogs are colorblind!! - She systematically ate the purple flowers, then the red flowers, and finally the yellows and pinks. It's a good thing puppies come in cute packages!

7 comments:

Sherri said...

Linda,

I got Cameron's graduation announcements out in the mail this week, too! He graduates 2 weeks from tonight.

I am so overwhelmed with everything there is to do!

That's funny about your dog. We stopped planting annuals in our back yard where our dogs stay because they trample, dig, and do other unkind things to them!

I'm glad you had a productive day!

Sherri

Mike and Barb said...

Sounds like great progress!
I'm completely graduation illiterate, but I'm sure you will have a wonderful time!
Love,
Barb

Unknown said...

Hi Linda -

Our graduation is the week after yours and yup, I just mailed our announcements too. Where will Nathan start out? Paris Island? Ian has a few friends heading into the Marines too - one from Cookeville,TN and the others from Southern Indiana. Maybe they will cross pathes.

Happy Mother's Day to you!

The Ferrill's said...

What a busy busy time! Sounds like everything is coming together nicely! Can't wait to see how it goes!

Mike and Barb said...

It's getting closer!!
Hang in there!
Love, Barb

Sherri said...

How are you doing, Linda?

I think I may lose my mind. There is so much to do before next week! My daughter came home from college last weekend (translation--her stuff is just dumped in our living room) and my mother-in-law comes on TUESDAY!

So, here I sit, at the computer.

Sherri

Sherri said...

Oh, Linda! I just read your comment, and you reminded me that this Sunday is graduate recognition!!!! I had totally forgotten! I won't be here because my oldest, Sarah, teaches dance where she goes to college and her dance recital is this weekend! Ugh! Phil and everyone else will be here, but still....

You should see my house. It is a WRECK. Olivia's end of the year party is Monday (I'm the party mom--why did I do this?), her preschool graduation is at 6 on Tuesday, Cameron's baccalaureate is at 7. That's the day my mother-in-law comes. Cameron graduates on Thursday, which is also the last day of school for my other kids, which is the also the first day of the pool, where I am in charge of stocking the ice cream freezer.

I can't possibly fit another thing into my life between now and then. And I also don't want that day to come.

If we lived close to each other, we could go have a cup of coffee. After graduation.

Sherri