Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Ruthie Update #2
After promising to post and let people know how Ruthie is doing, I fell down on the job yesterday. What a challenging day! Ruthie was taken to surgery and very shortly afterwards, her doctor came out with an additional consent form. It turned out that the kidney was not even functioning on a 10% level, and he was requesting permission to remove it if necessary. To say we were shocked is an understatement. Your child is under anesthetic, and you have to make a snap decision that will be life-changing. We signed the form and sat there in shock for a few minutes. Then we called a friend from our church and had it added to the prayer chain. I can honesty say that we feel at peace with the events that have happened, and I have to believe that prayer was the calming effect. The kidney was removed, and pathology confirmed that it was functioning at under 10%. The remainder of the surgery was not performed, and so actually her recovey time will be expedited. She should be home by Thursday night if things continue to go well. Thanks so much for your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Well, I am sure that with so many people praying for Ruthie that God certainly orchestrated that surgery just to remove that kidney! Amazing!
His ways are not our ways...
Continuing to pray for Ruthie's recuperation...
Love,
Laine
Dear Linda-
I've been reading your blog for sometime! I have been praying for
Ruthie and your lives these past
few days and will keep you in prayer!
Sometime after recovery we need a
get together!
love,
Lori Smith
I'm sure that was a shock, but if you have one bad kidney, it can also start damaging the other! I'll keep praying for her recovery, and strength for all of you1
Love, Barb
Still praying. Keep us posted.
Linda,
I am guessing you are very busy nursing Miss Ruthie back to health. Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you all.
Jeanne
We pray for Ruthie and the whole family. This is not an easy time. With the glasses things will start to come to Ruthie quicker now, and I hope she can really enjoy the feeling of success, she so deserves it! Post some pics when you get a chance, I love to see the pics!
Hugs
Susan
Post a Comment