
Not many pictures lately, but I thought I'd post one of Ruthie & Abby from church last Sunday. Actually, Joanna was in it too, but she is so buried on the back row that not one piece of her shows! The kids were doing hand motions to "Joy to the World," and of course our little pentecostal Abby is the most animated of all. She loves to sing, but that always requires dancing.
I will keep this short, but since I have not updated in more than a month (oops!), I'll share the highlights. Nathan will be arriving home this Sunday afternoon, and he will be collecting toys with Toys for Tots. This is a Marine charity, and he will be wearing dress blues at Wal-Mart for several days. Can't wait to see him dressed up - I'm such a sucker for a man in uniform! Sam & Kenzie will be arriving around the 23rd and will stay for about five days. Sam's plans are totally unconfirmed because Sam always flies by the seat of his pants. I've learned to just go with it over the years!
The girls are SOOO excited and just can't wait until Christmas. I told them not to rush it too much because they are literally enjoying every day - school programs, parties, church musicals and plays, special craft day at church, lighting decorations, Christmas trees, packing Operation Shoebox gifts - just EVERYTHING! They even love being able to greet people with `Merry Christmas.' I have done so much better this Christmas and am so thankful. It is as if a layer of the depression I have felt for so many years has been removed, and I am actually having fun seeing things through three little sets of eyes.
It is doubtful I will post again before Christmas, so I'll end this little note wishing you a very Merry Christmas from my family to yours. May God richly bless you and yours!




6 comments:
Merry Christmas to you, my friend! Enjoy your visits with your boys.
I'm glad this Christmas is better for you.....
sherri
Your family is just beautiful. My daughter is begging...yes begging..for a china sister. We will see what the Lord has for us! I feel more of a desire to adopt then ever before, but I know that this is something to definitly pray over. Thanks for your encouraging words and your inspiring blog!
Linda,
I am so glad that this holiday will be happier for you, and the girls are beautiful as usual.
K
Yeah, an update :-))
It sounds like you're going to have a house full of big and little people, and I wish you much peace and joy with your family. It blesses me to hear that you are enjoying this Christmas season with your girls!
Merry Christmas to you, too, and I hope to see you all again in 2009!
Love, Barb
Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family. Enjoy the time.
Blessings,
Sarah
Merry Christmas, Linda!
I am happy that things are looking brighter for you this year! I have not endured all that you have and still get a bit grumpy this time of year. I wish you all a joyous time together with your family. Post pictures asap - esp. of that young Marine. Merry Christmas, friend!
Post a Comment