Monday, July 14, 2008

Confessions of One Hot Mama

My husband is an early riser, and as a result, when the alarm goes off at 5:30, I typically get up and take one of the dogs for a walk. I pull on the same long plaid shorts with the elastic waistband and an oversized shirt every morning. After being woke up by Abby at midnight, I was especially tired this morning and put on the "walking uniform" without much thought. I caught a glimpse of my face in the mirror and thought, wow - my hair looks really good for having slept on it all night. I put on my sneakers and headed out on the same path as always without much thought. When I reached the main road, I noticed several people in cars turning back to look at me. Hey! They had noticed my hair too and were thinking she looks pretty good for this early in the morning. I felt pretty spiffy for an amost 50 year old gal!

I got home and reached in my pockets, but they didn't feel right, and when I looked down, I realized that my elastic waisted shorts were on backwards. I ran to the full length mirror, and there in the front was a huge "bubble" where the old bottom normally goes and a tag that indicates the back. No one had noticed my hair - They were too busy laughing at the lady who didn't know how to put her pants on right! Sigh... What a way to start the day.

5 comments:

Mike and Barb said...

Oh, my, word!!
This is hilarious!!! I almost didn't dare reading on, as I expected an even more gloomy outcome of the story. Hey, at least you had pants on :-)))
Love, Barb

Unknown said...

still chuckling here!!

Sherri said...

Hahaha! Barb made me laugh with her comment!

I doubt they could tell you had your pants on backwards. I bet they really did notice how good you looked!

Hannah swims every morning at 5, so I have to leave the house at 4:30 to take her to the natatorium. I usually go in my pajamas. Phil is positive that one day I will have car trouble and have to get out of the car in my pj's!


Sherri

The Ferrill's said...

Linda, that is SO funny! I've done something similar before and it makes you wonder...where is my head?
;) It's all these kiddos, huh? Plus early in the morning, it just doesn't mix! ;)

Sherri said...

I just posted about Sarah's trip.

Sherri