Have you ever noticed how Christmas decorations and glitter just seem to go together? Well, so do Christmas art projects for three little girls! Today is Sunday, and after Sunday School and Children's Church, we have glitter everywhere - on the tile entryway, on the stairs, on the kitchen floor, and in their bedroom. When the pictures finally wound up on their bulletin boards, they looked no worse for their loss, as they were still loaded with glitter, so I guess it's just another one of those puzzling life mysteries.
Children's Church was scheduled to sing during second service today, and the girls have been practicing all week. (First service is shown a recording from their practice the week before so that they too can see the kids in action.) During the past week I have listed to "I've Got Peace Like a River" so many times that I know it backwards, forwards, with actions, without actions... well - you get the picture. We have spent many mornings yelling, "hurry, hurry, hurry" as one of the girls dawdles along getting ready for school. Someone will be yelling for one of the others to move over or shouting about a forgotten lunch or book, but the moment they get buckled into their seats, the singing begins. All three girls sing LOUDLY and love this song. I told Bob that I feel as if it should be renamed, "I've Got Peace Like a Tsunami," because that is how it comes across! Anyway, they all know the words and actions very well. When first service was dismissed, we were greeted by friends who laughingly commented on how Abby performed in the video. She did the actions, sang loudly, the whole bit! When the kids were brought in for the live performance during second service, there stood Abby with a deer-in-the-headlights expression. She barely moved, did not sing, and hardly smiled. All I can figure is that Abby the ham has stage fright.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment