Tuesday, July 17, 2007
An (Almost) New Bedroom!
We are heading down the final stretch before getting Joanna and trying to squeeze in as much as possible. Suddenly, I realize how many things still need to be done. For instance - the bedroom... We live in a three bedroom house, and there will soon be three little girls occupying the master bedroom. This had been Sam's bedroom, and when he left and Ruthie moved in, we re-painted the walls white and worked with what we had. Now, we are finally turning it into a real girls' room. The walls have been painted`light mulberry,' and the bedframe painted white. We debated about bunkbeds, but Ruthie and Abby were terrified about a top bunk, and I have a feeling that Joanna might initially feel the same way. So--- we turned the bedframe (old water bed) the opposite direction, cut off the headboard, painted it white, and plan to put all three of them in the same bed! I cringe when I say this because by American standards, this is a really awful idea. However, I have been reading more and more on adoption blogs, and I am coming to realize that things like this happen more often than you might realize! It makes me feel good to know that I am not the only one doing nonconformist things!! We will have chair rail with pegs along one wall for backbacks and pj's, and each girl will have their own bulletin board with control of what gets put up for display. I'm working on a machine sewed quilt as well. When we are completely done, I will try to take pictures.Once this project is done, we start on the dreaded garage sale... which is another post altogether!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Oh, well, let people think whatever they want.... I think if our kids had a choice, they would ALL sleep in our bed every night... even our almost 10 year old still loves it - in fact, after we came home with Nina (who sleeps with us most of the time), he made little name tags to hang over our bed. They said: "Daddy", "Mama", "Nina", "Guest" LOL!
We desperately need a new bed, and we're seriously thinking about getting 2 full's instead of a King, just so we can accomodate more "guests".... Do whatever works best for all of you!
Barb
Post a Comment